- Hayashi Shoten, a footwear wholesaler, established in Naka-ku, Nagoya.
- Aware of the importance and potential for development of the nascent domestic automotive industry, a delivery of two rolls of headliner texture marks the company's entry into that business.
- Hayashi Telempu Shokai Co., Ltd. incorporated.
- Tokyo sales office (now a fully-fledged branch) opened.
The company's first presence in Kanto represented the first step towards establishing a countrywide network.
- Company title changed to the current name: Hayashi Telempu Co., Ltd.
- Kasadera Plant (now the Nagoya Plant) opened to spearhead the company's expansion into manufacturing.
- Toyota Plant (now the Main Plant) opened to serve as a nerve centre for the company's production and quality assurance system--a system that remains robustly healthy and effective even today.
- The company spins off its interior decoration and trading divisions to establish Hayashi Bussan.
- The Hayashi Telempu Technical Research Center is established on the grounds of the Toyota Plant (now the Main Plant) to provide further impetus to the company's R&D functions.
- The company teams up with CH Masland & Sons to set up Masland Hayashi Inc., (now AMTEX Inc.) creating a foothold for further overseas expansion.
- The company spins off its IT and information systems divisions to establish HAITEX Co., Ltd.
- HAYATELE Kyushu opened in Shiota-cho, Fujitsu-gun (now Ureshino City) to keep up with auto manufacturers' expansion and diversification.
Meito Museum of Art opened in Nagakute-cho, Aichi-Gun
- Hayashi Telempu (Thailand) Co., Ltd. established to respond to globalization of the automotive industry.
- Aware of the importance of auto parts design, the company is one of the first in the industry to set up a design division and invest substantial effort into design development.
OPT Department established to develop and produce optical products (i.e., Highly Scattered_Optical-Transmission Polymer) including commercial-off-the-shelf products.
- Hayashi Telempu Main Plant Area was certified ISO14001.
- With an eye on the growth potential of the Chinese market, the company establishes Guangzhou Linjun Co., Ltd., in China to expand global operations.
- QS9000 certification expanded to ISO/TS16949.
Operation Center opened.
- Capital increased to ¥1 billion.
- Hayashi Canada Inc. established in Stratford, Ontario Province, Canada.
Set up operations in Canada to expand business in North America.
Wuhan Linjun Co., Ltd., established in China.
Tokyo Branch is relocated to Kohoku-ku, Yokohama City.
Wako Textile Office is established in Itabashi-ku, Tokyo.
AMTEX Alabama Plant is built in Jasper, Alabama.
HAYATELE Touhoku is established in Ichinoseki City, Iwate.
AMTEX and HAYASHI OF AMERICA are merged into AMTEX INC.
The purpose of this merger is to reinforce its structure in North America region.
The company changed its name from AMTEX
to HAYASHI TELEMPU NORTH AMERICA CORPORATION.
Ota Sales Office was opened in Ota City, Gunma.
HAYASHI TELEMPU NORTH AMERICA CORPORATION opened a Kentucky Plant.
Hiroshima Sales Office was opened in Hiroshima City, Hiroshima.
Fukuoka Complex and HAYATELE KYUSHU Fukuoka Plant was opened in Miyawaka City, Fukuoka.
Return to Page Top